Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Last Saturday

we were really busy! The girls helped Rob with our garden. Grace wanted to plant Watermelon, Cantaloupe and pumpkin! We are a month or two too late but we'll see how it goes. :)

I made some banana cream pie cupcakes using this recipe. Really delicious!!

Then we were on our way to Walmart to experience the craziest thing I've ever experienced in my life!! We got some groceries, went out to the car and Rob started putting all the bags in the trunk. My purse was in the front of the cart where the kids would sit. I noticed it was there before Rob put the cart away but I thought he would see it and he didn't. After we drove 15 minutes away from Walmart I asked Rob if he grabbed my purse and he said no. I looked in the back of our car and it wasn't there! I was seriously panicking the whole way back, saying prayers, Rob was driving like a maniac to get back to Walmart!
We finally arrive and Rob parks the car in the middle of the aisle, runs to the other aisle where he had put the cart away and comes back with my purse! The crazy thing is on the way over to the cart, through the back of a guys window, Rob saw a man put my purse in the back of his seat. Rob ran over and started pounding on his window, the guy opened the door and Rob said, "No way that's my wife's purse" and reached behind the guy and grabbed my purse from his back seat! Are you kidding me????????? What a crazy experience!
I really do believe in the power of prayer and believe with all of my heart that we had help getting my purse back. If we got there literally 1 second later Rob wouldn't have seen the guy put my purse in his back seat.
I guess the moral of the story is, Prayer works, you can't trust anyone and always keep your purse with you!! :)

5 comments:

Emily Judd said...

that is crazy! And such a good experience for you and your kids to strengthen their testimony of prayer. I keep praying we'll find Nathan's ring...but it isn't working -- yet! And those cupcakes sound delicious!

Michael and Michelle Peterson said...

That is so freaking crazy! I can't believe Rob did that! He is such a stud! And I can't believe that someone would actually steal your purse and not take it to lost and found....sad world we live in. I am glad you got it back though, that would have been the worst. Prayer really does work! P.S. You are so creative with all your baking and painting bread stuff. I love it! You are a great wife and mother. When do I get to see you guys again, it already feels like it has been forever! haha Love you!

Samantha said...

Elizabeth! It's been forever since I've commented on your blog but that is a CRAZY STORY!!! I'm with you- I TOTALLY believe that prayer works. Practically the same thing happened to me in mexico when I was in high school and the only reason I got my purse back was purely prayer. I read your blog all the time. I'm glad you guys are doing so well!

Heather said...

Crazy crazy about your purse!!! I am so glad that you got it back!
I want one of those cupcakes ASAP!!!

dianeriding said...

The biggest TENDER MERCY from Heavenly Father that I have seen in a long time!!! It also helps that you're such good, wonderful people.........worthy of a prayer being answered!!! Great, great experience!!!