Monday, July 18, 2011

Random post...

Yesterday my family came over to celebrate Rob and Taylor's birthday! It's always so much fun getting together with family!
A new mirror we got for our downstairs bathroom. I finally feel like this bathroom is complete!
We also got some new frames to put in our family room. I also feel like this room is finally done even though the green frame is humungous! :)
A cake and cake stand that I made for my friend for her birthday...

Sugar cookies for the book club I had at my house.
A girl in my ward put together a book club for some kids that are Grace and Olivia's age and it was my turn to host. They are such cute kids!
Besides making sugar cookies, they also got to paint on bread, then I toasted it and put a little butter on it for them to eat. (The edible paint is dyed milk!) The kids loved it.

Summer is going by WAY TOO FAST! I can't believe that it is already the middle of June! I wish time would slow down with my kids! How are my youngest already 5?? :(

4 comments:

Emily Judd said...

That is the cutest idea ever to have a book club for the girls. I love the painting bread idea and your cake with the rosettes is SO cute! Love the bathroom mirror. You are lucky. I probablywon't feel like my house is finished for my whole life :)

Heather said...

I wish we could have been there yesterday! I am glad that you and Rob had a fun little getaway! Your girls were REALLY good!!!

Diane Riding said...

How fun for the girls...........such great activities with such a creative mommy!! How do you think of all these wonderful ideas!! REally nice, honey!!! x00x0x

Mark and Meghan said...

love that mirror lilly! and that book club is such a cute idea. and the painted toast...great idea! gonna steal it!
(yes i should be packing!!!)