Friday, October 5, 2007

Someone put me in a mental institute...

so i'm not kidding when I say that i'm going to go crazy! Taylor has woken up the last three days from her nap by making a huge mess in her room. On Wednesday, I went up to her room to see that she had put baby oil and baby lotion all over the mirrors, her clothes and herself! Baby oil is the hardest thing to clean off and it's still not completely clean. On Thursday I went up to her room and every single thing in her closet was now on her floor.
And to top it off, today I went up to her room with poop on the walls and on her hands! I'm going to have to start duck taking her diaper again when she goes to sleep. But isn't she 3 1/2 years old? I know she should be potty trained by now, but she's Taylor Judd and she's going to learn on her own terms. Besides all of that she is throwing tantrums all over the place. I swear if people really saw her throw a true tantrum, they probably wouldn't be friends with me anymore, it's pretty crazy. I thought she was getting easier, but not these past three weeks! I guess when it comes down to it I love her to death and I wouldn't have it any other way. (well, maybe minus the tantrums and cleaning up poop!)

Is it bad to say that this is my favorite part of the day?


9 comments:

jayna said...

Wow- that's a lot going on with one small girl! All I know is even with Grace, who as you know is one of the most mellow, easiest girls ever, there were a few times around 18 months when the poop was painted onto her bed and walls, not to mention herself! SO I guess it's just another one of those hideous mother things that happens to everyone no matter what! (As if we don't lose our minds enough on a regular day, right?!) Good luck surviving! You can do it!

Mark and Meghan said...

ummm, i cannot believe that taylor wiped her poop on the walls. i hope you yelled at her, and scared her so that she'll never do that again! i don't know what i would do if porter did that. seriously i would die. and kids are such angels when they're asleep! seriously it's my favorite part of the day! you wouldn't be normal if it wasn't!! :) love you lilly, hang in there.

Elizabeth said...

yelled at her is an understatement!

Emily Judd said...

okay I really don't think I could EVER handle poop painting. I would want to move so I didn't have to clean up the mess! Baby oil would almost be worse because it's impossible. Time for a vacation right? :-)

Roney Family said...

Sounds like you have been having fun over in the Judd Residence. And you wanted to take my kids for me on friday. Girl, I should be taking your kids! I know just what you mean though. I love it when they are asleep. And they should make a serenity place for mothers. I am sure they dont do it because the place would be PACKED! Crazy, why dont I take taylor on thursday???

camille said...

LOL at you right now cause how else do you react to these moments, eh? You are such a great mom and she will grow out of this phase...I promise! Can you believe the things we, as moms, do for our kids? You are going straight to heaven, my friend. And, I know what you mean about when they are finally asleep. I always think,"I love being a mom and can do it forever" then they wake up!

Mark and Meghan said...

lilly..the new writing is a little hard to read...

Adrienne said...

Oh Elizabeth, sounds like Taylor has been a handful lately! Kate is doing okay these days, so naturally Ezra is acting up now--he just whines all day long! I thought the tantrums would go away, but then I hear that my niece who is 5 melts down all day, and my niece who is 9 still has meltdowns.....how will we stay sane?! :)

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are way cute! The story about Taylor cracked me up...one day you will laugh about it. I had to go through that a year ago with one of my 3 year old students at Preschool...aweful. You are doing great as a mother, very patient. I wish I were closer to you so I can get to know your famly more. I love and miss you so much.