Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day


I had a great Mother's Day! We got together with Family and friends and ate really yummy food. For Mother's Day Rob got me a barbecue (which is for father's day too:)) and a sliding retractable screen for our front door...so hopefully it won't get too hot in our house during the summer! We made chicken kabobs with vegetables. It was delicious and so fun to have everyone over!


I made this Hydrangea cake for my mom for Mother's Day instead of buying her flowers
We decided to do a photo shoot :) We probably took over 20 pictures....really embarrassing if my neighbors saw us outside!!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the great mother's I know especially my mother and mother-in-law who are two of the most beautiful, selfless people I know!!

7 comments:

Emily Judd said...

so glad you had a great mother's day! hope you got to relax too! love the barbecue (we TOTALLY need one) and the food looks DELICIOUS. Totally adorable cake! You are an amazing mom!

Pyatt said...

THANK YOU!!! You were so sweet to include us in your festivities and the food was as yummy as it looks in the pictures!! So happy you moved into our hood!! You are the best!

Mark and Meghan said...

those kabobs look delish! it's about time you got a real grill! i use ours WAY more than mark, so i guess it's a good mother's day gift! SOOOO wish i were there! maybe next yea? :) love you lilly! you're such a good mommy!!!

Mark and Meghan said...

wait...and that cake??!! are you serious? what is going on with that? you need to teach me! :)

Heather said...

That day was the best and your grill makes the yummiest kabobs around!! Love you Lizzy!

Diane Riding said...

THANK YOU for such a wonderful, special Mother's Day! I loved being with all my girls (and truly missed Jenny and Meggie!) and the little ones. The dinner was absolutely the best one we've had! Loved the grill....you'll be so glad you have that! You can now eat healthy every night! Those Kabobs were to die for......I wish I had one right now!! It truly was a wonderful evening! I also LOVED the cake......most adorable cake anyone ever made/gave me! You're such a sweetheart!!! x0x00x

jackson said...

Love this picture of beautiful Diane and her amazing daughters.
you are all so special and I love you all so much!
Aunt Myrna