Thursday, August 26, 2010

Date night (sort of)

So we finally moved down to San Elijo Hills, San Marcos but not into a house yet. We are still waiting (patiently...kindof) to hear about the short sale house that we have an offer on. So now we are in a 3 bedroom apartment. We have our cousin Baily visiting us for a few days and Rob and I have been so stressed out so I decided to sort of make tonight a date night. :) I made fruit with dip, taco soup and chocolate chip brownies. I had Taylor and Bailey write the menu and a sign that said "please wait to be seated" for Rob when he came home from work. The girls got so excited to help out and it was really fun and gave us an excuse to sit down and talk. It was nice to have the girls serve us (even though of course I had to make the entire dinner)! Hopefully we'll have an update soon about our house.
ps. We REALLY miss orange county and our friends soo very much! :(
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Lynnette said...

What a cute idea! I hope you hear something on a house soon!

Heather said...

How cute! i was laughing out loud because you could read it that because Bailey is staying with you - you and Rob have been really stressed out! - Soo funny - I will come up and get her right away!

Emily Judd said...

what a cute and fun idea! Someday soon I'm sure they'll be cooking your entire dinner! crossing my fingers for you on your house!

Elizabeth said...

haha! Heather that is soo true, how sad. I promise that is not the reason we are stressed! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh honey...........you are so creative. What a darling idea~~
I'm so glad you came down today to go tothe movies with me. I'll take whatever chance I get to see you and the kiddies.........H and J's kiddies too!! I love you......keep being patient!!!
x0x00x0x

Roney Family said...

So, you did it, you finally moved. Good for you. Now when I go that way I have more friends to visit! Hope things are going well! What a cute little date night in.

Barbara said...

I didn't even get to say goodbye. :( I'm sorry things are still up in the air with your house. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. What a cute date night idea. I love that the kids were able to help.