Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What I've been up to...


Posted by Picasa

My mother-in-law gave me all of the stuff to make this Book of Mormon quilt at Christmas time and she told us it should be a 5 year project, but the pyscho that I am couldn't wait that long and I finished it in two months instead! It took a LONG time to do each block but once I started, I really couldn't stop! Now I just need to give it to her to have it bound, I can't wait for it to be done!


Posted by Picasa

I've also been working on sewing some blankets! My sister is pregnant and I"m hoping that she is having a girl so I can give her these!

Posted by Picasa

And lastly I made some felt headbands for my girls for valentines day and didn't realize how easy felt was to use, so I decided to make some flowers out of them to use for headbands and hairclips. My hands are tired and I think i'm done for a while!!!

10 comments:

Emily Judd said...

oh my gosh!!!! Look at you go! That is awesome that you have that quilt done. I guess I better drag mine out again. And I LOVE those felt flowers! Can you teach me how to make them? did you find tutorials online? you are so crafty :)

Samantha said...

I am in LOVE with that quilt. It's beautiful and now I will forever I wish I had one. Wow.

jayna said...

What a crafty lady you are! And that quilt is awesome!

candice said...

Wow, I'm super impressed! That BofM quilt is adorable! I've been wanting to learn how to quilt FOREVER, i'm working on it. So, who's pregnant? Is it Meghan? How fun.

us said...

holy smokes! good job. but now you just make me look bad that I am making mine a 5 year project.
:( I guess now you can help me with mine.

Barbara said...

I had no idea you were so into quilting! It looks great!! Love the headbands and clips, etc. Maybe if I ever have a girl (odds are not in my favor!) you can show me how to be cute and crafty like that.

Michael and Michelle Peterson said...

You seriously finished it already!!! You are making me look bad haha I haven't had anytime to work on mine really. It will definitely be a 5 year project for me. Congratulations though, it looks great. I can't wait to see you during Spring Break! Less than a month! Love ya!

Bren said...

I can't believe you are finished with the quilt! It looks great Elizabeth! And I love the blankets and clips. I think you might have to teach me how to make those!

Love it all!

Anonymous said...

Wow Liz, the quilt blocks look great! I'm excited to help you find some fabric to make the sashing and border. Then we can get it quilted. The flowers and blankets look great too. Way to go girl. . . Love, Lynnette

Roney Family said...

You are so creative, look at you go girl. I love the book of mormon quilt, that is awesome! I want to make one!