Thursday, August 27, 2009

My dad...

My sister Heather wrote this on her blog and I couldn't have said it better so I decided to copy and paste it to let everyone know who has asked about my dad, what is going on!
I just want to say that things happen that you aren't expecting at times. BUT... faith is strengthened and exercised by these things that happen. My dad is well loved and we have been praying for him to have a speedy recovery from his hip being broken. Than he realizes that he also broke one of his ribs... and to top it all off, he must have surgery today for skin cancer they found on his neck! He sure is living the life of Job right now - but through all of this, he has received a blessing from someone holding the priesthood and we have the faith that those blessings will be realized if we show forth our faith! It's hard to imagine that we signed up for these struggles and trials - but absolutely reassuring to know that we have a loving Heavenly Father that stands by and is always there! I am so grateful for my testimony and I am extra grateful for such a wonderful man to call my dad!

Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Lisa Webb said...

oh elizabeth, i'll keep him in my prayers.

Emily Judd said...

we are praying for your dad...and for you!

Mark and Meghan said...

cute dad. can't wait to see him! love you and can't wait to see you either!!!

Heather said...

Lizzy - Did I say that? :0) I saw dad yesterday and he looks so much better - he even walked around the nurses station with his walker!

Laura Ek said...

I have no doubt that he is a wonderful man!! Our prayers are with you guys, I'm sure this will all be fine!!

Bren said...

I'm so sorry Elizabeth! We will keep you and your dad in our prayers!

Michael and Michelle Peterson said...

How is your dad doing? I seriously love him, one of the nicest people I know. Can't wait to see you this coming weekend! Love you!

Julia said...

He is in our prayers! We love you!

Sara Decker said...

WHAT? I'm the all-time worst friend ever, I had no idea. I'm so sorry to hear all of that, how are things going with your dad? Keep me posted, let me know if there is anything I can do. Miss you tons!

SUMMER said...

I hope everything is OK with your dad. My grandpa broke his hip last year and he is up and walking again. Your dad is much younger and I am sure will have a full recovery. Thanks for reminding us how important family and priesthood blessings are.

Roney Family said...

How sweet of you girls! Im so glad he had priesthood blessing and feels peace!!